Sunday, June 10, 2012

Getting Started

Like anyone starting out in teaching, I wanted to be the best teacher I could be.  I wanted to inspire and change lives.  But after 3 years teaching, I find myself a bit bogged down, my motivation waning.  I am realising that my ideals are very airy-fairy and that there are a whole lot of structures to be created in the real world before those aims can even begin to take shape. 

I have never been the most organised person.  I am a thinker, I live in my head - creating, planning, but not quite managing to get to the doing.  So I searched the web looking for a programme I could follow.  A step-by-step guide to how to make a transformation to becoming organised and effective.  There are lots of tips, but I wanted something to organise my thinking.  Nothing I came across met my needs.  So I decided to start this blog and document my own transformation to being a highly efficient and effective teacher.  

My idea is to set a weekly goal to work on.  To blog about the resources I have found to support that goal.  To document my own thinking and progress.  To create an action plan that others could follow if they find themselves heading down the same path as me. 


Come along for the ride ....



No comments:

Post a Comment