Sunday, June 10, 2012

Step 1: Know where you are

This process of transformation is a process of reflection and change, and a bit like the Teaching as Inquiry cycle.  We first need to assess what the needs are. Not just the needs in the context of being a teacher, but as a whole person because being an effective teacher requires balance.


At School

Positives - What's going well for me:
  • I have a good rapport with my students and their families.
  • I make and share resources with colleagues and get great satisfaction from doing this. 
  • I read reguarly and keep up-to-date with innovative teaching practices.
  • I am a Lead Teacher for Assessment for Learning and ICT.
Negatives - What's not working:
  • Planning takes me forever because there always seems to be a better way.
  • I change routines too often.
  • Behaviour Management practices are not consistent.
  • There is a lot of clutter in my classroom.  Piles of paper, messy shelves - ugh!
At Home


Positives - What's going well for me:
  • I excercise regularly - playing netball three times a week.
  • I have a good support network in place - fabulous friends and close family (though they are far away).
Negatives - What's not working:
  • I am constantly thinking about work.  I have a family - 2 kids and a husband who deserve a whole lot more attention from me.
  • I often feel overwhelmed and stressed.
  • I don't eat well - I skip breakfast and often lunch as well.
  • My house is totally disorganised.
It's not all bad.  Definitely a lot to work on though.  One step at a time and I'll get there...





No comments:

Post a Comment